Campus Information

Blanton Elementary

Campus History

Originally built in 1971, the school is named for Lester Franklin Blanton who moved to Carrollton in 1931 and turned an old, run-down feed mill into a thriving business in the heart of downtown. The Blantons were involved in many civic, social, and school organizations. Mr. Blanton served on the school district’s Board of Trustees from 1933 until 1960, and as president of the board from 1941 until 1960. The Blantons’ youngest son, Bill, also served on the Board of Trustees for the school district. The original school building was torn down when a new facility was built with funds from a 2003 bond referendum. The new L. F. Blanton School opened for the 2007-08 school year.